[Soekris] "wi0: wi_cmd failed with 60" on net4511 w/ OpenBSD -current

Jon Hart warchild at spoofed.org
Wed Dec 24 15:39:48 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 07:15:19AM -0800, Jim Thompson wrote:

> I suspect the miniPCI socket on your soekris board.
>
> Until you said the miniPCI card worked fine in another box, I
> suspected the card (and was going to offer to RMA it for you.)
>
> Its also possible that you've got a little bit of driver skew between
> the two boxes, and that is the source of your trouble.

Actually, this a PCMCIA card, not miniPCI.  However I do have the same
version of this card except with an internal antenna, so perhaps I'll
try swapping cards and see what happens.

I'm not entirely sure that the drivers between the two machines are
different.  I'm on the CVS mailing list for OpenBSD and I haven't seen
anything in the past few months relating to the wireless driver or
pcmcia code, but I'll check anyway.  If worse comes to worse, I'll add
code to reset the card every time it gets into this wonky state (which
is a change that was suggested to someone else on this list a while back
for thir Lucent card).

Thanks, and thanks for netgate!

-jon