[Soekris] Com2 pinout on net4801

Christian van den Bosch cbosch at 4c.ucc.ie
Mon Dec 15 23:26:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Matt Dickinson wrote:

> I'm trying to hookup onto com2 (JP4) on a net4801, but I'm unsure of the
> exact pinouts of the connector of the board and I'd rather not blow it by
> guessing.

Standard procedure when faced with a serial header of unknown pinout is to
use a multimeter to check which pin is connected to ground; that'll be
your pin 5. You should be able to work out the rest from that (and they're
almost invariably one of the two pinouts you describe).

cjb

http://ocean.ucc.ie/~cjvdb1/