[Soekris] Net4801 CPU speed after reset

Josh Kropf josh at slashdev.ca
Mon Dec 15 15:35:47 UTC 2003

Matt,

I experienced this same problem, however it occured whenever I tried to
reboot the box (soft reboot aswell). The box would hang when you try and do
a soft reboot (from os, or bios). After it hung I would hit the reset button
and then the CPU would be at half. There was issues with the net4801 and the
soft reboot registers. After applying a patch to the com bios 1.22 to fix
the reboot issue the CPU issue magicly dissapeared. I don't know if this was
conicidence but im not complaining :)

You can find the fix to the com bios 1.22 somewhere in this list. However,
the jist of it was do a:

cmosread 0f

in the com bios. If the command retured something other than zero, do a

cmoswrite 0f 0