[Soekris] openbsd compact flash boot and diskless run scripts

John Wright john at dryfish.org
Sat Dec 13 20:47:05 UTC 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 12:56:14AM -0500, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> [...]
>
> I log in all the time.  /dev/ must be writable.  I have it on a (170k)
> MFS.   /mfs (mentioned before) is on a 500k partition.
>
> [...]

[And taking into account the other replies]

Surely writing to a device isn't going to cause a physical write to the CF
card?  I've just installed OpenBSD on my Soekris using the opensoekris
scripts and didn't question why /dev was on mfs but essentially no new files
are created and no real data is actually written, it's just a load of links
to kernel drivers... isn't it?