[Soekris] How to download Linux Image through the serial port.

Ravi ravivsn at roc.co.in
Wed Dec 10 06:48:49 UTC 2003

Hi
  I agree that netboot is OK for networking people. But consider a shop
keeper who wants to have soekirs box to connect to internet.
He wont have any knowledge on linux to do dd from a linux PC onto his
flash. Or we cant assume he will have IDE adapter to do that and to know
netboot type of methods as well.
 I strongly feel soekris boxes need a mechanism to download linux images
directly from serial port. This would help easy upgradation of images on
the board.
 I feel many of soekirs box users will agree with me. Ofcourse, linux
pandits may not need this mechanism. :-)

Cheers,
Ravi