[Soekris] net4801 and linux kernel 2.4.23

Joshua Jackson soekris at vortech.net
Sun Dec 7 19:39:16 UTC 2003

On Sunday 07 December 2003 11:51, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
> Has anybody built the 2.4.23 linux kernel on the net4801 yet?
> Specifically, I am curious about changes to Kianusch Sayah Karadji's
> 2.4.22 patch.  A preliminary glance at the 2.4.23 source seemed to
> show that the hardware watchdog drivers were included in the stock
> source.  But it looks like the processor still isn't supported.  But,
> if I am correct, after the bios fix for the PCI hangs, then the
> processor section is the only section still needing a kernel patch?

Well, I have built one, but it seems broken....

Even with the PCI bus probe patch in place, I am getting the following:

All processors have done init_idle
PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.00 entry at 0xf7861, last bus=0
PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)
..hang..

I noticed some minor changes to the PCI kernel code for 2.4.23, but don't know
enough about it to say for sure that it has anything to do with the above
problem.

Any suggestions would be great.

FYI, the 2.4.22 patch applies cleanly to 2.4.23.

Josh