[Soekris] Problems with Demarc Prism Card

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Dec 2 15:22:30 UTC 2003

Tyler Andersen wrote:

> Are you using M0n0Wall?

No, I am using FreeBSD 4.9, however (and a Soekris box).

> ... I'm using 3 Demarc cards in two different
> Net4521s. I initially had a problem when two cards were in one system,
> but that was fixed with an irq setting to the pcmcia module. Other then
> that it has worked fine as an Access Point. BTW, I'm using the WISP-Dist
> from leaf.sf.net.

Are you using WEP?

I can't seem to associate with the box with the Demarc
card, either with a Windows XP laptop or a FreeBSD-4.9.

>>card " " "IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN/PC Card"
>>         config  auto "wi" ? 0x10000
>>         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
>>         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

Any suggestions of fiddling with these settings?  e.g.
the flags bits were copied verbatim from the demarctech
site, and may be wrong.

(config index driver interrupt [flags])