[Soekris] Problems with Demarc Prism Card

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Dec 2 05:14:48 UTC 2003

I can't associate with the demarc reliawave card in
HostAP mode -- I replaced a Netgear MA401 with this
card because of the enhanced S/N and capability of
external antenna, but it doesn't seem actually to
work.

Any suggestions?

note:  this is not really my WEP key, thanks for asking. ;-)

in /etc/start_if.wi0

ifconfig wi0 \
         media autoselect mediaopt hostap \
         stationname wifigw \
         ssid Tenebras channel 1 \
         wepkey 0x7d8d5d70a06dd9f462adb89fe7 \
         authmode open wepmode on

in /etc/pccard.conf

# Netgear MA401
card "NETGEAR MA401 Wireless PC" "Card"
         config  auto "wi" ?
         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

# Demarctech Reliawave 180mw card 325h
card " " "IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN/PC Card"
         config  auto "wi" ? 0x10000