[Soekris] RE: soekris-tech digest, Vol 1 #301 - 1 msg (fwd)

Jay Doscher jay at doscher.net
Mon Aug 4 07:41:17 UTC 2003

'gpio' is General Purpose Input/Output.  Circuit designers use them for
interfacing everything from simple electronic circuits to the insane.  I
just noticed the pinout similarity with the 4501.  I myself am quite
happy with the onboard serial, as I didn't like giving up my console
port on my 4521 in order to use my serial devices.

For what it's worth, I've built a device around my 4521 and will be
speaking on it here:

http://www.toorcon.org/lineup.html

I highly doubt anyone is in the San Diego area on the mailing list, but
I will be giving Soren & Crew credit for an outstanding oem device then
:)

Jay