[Soekris] FreeBSD 4.X on net4801

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 30 23:09:09 UTC 2003

If memory serves me right, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> Martha Zimet wrote:
> > I am trying to bring the net4801 up on FreeBSD 4.7 and have run into the
> > the following boot error:
>
> So, just out of curiosity, why are you fiddling with 4.7?  4.9-RELEASE is
> imminent, which will leave 4.7 w/o support for security fixes.

Well, the release is scheduled for about a month away.

Also, our security team occasionally posts security fixes even for
releases that are not officially supported.  (It's just that they are
not committing to doing so.)

That having been said, it's not immediately obvious why the OP would
want to run 4.7-RELEASE instead of 4.8-RELEASE.

Cheers,

Bruce.