[Soekris] Net 4801 Debian install

Jay Doscher jay at doscher.net
Wed Aug 27 13:47:10 UTC 2003

I'm running slackware 9 with a 2.4.22 kernel.  My linux boot process
hangs where I think everyone else's does:

PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
PCI: Probing PCI hardware (bus 00)

<hang>

I haven't used the patch file someone sent to the list because it was
later said to be wrong.  I did however go into my pci.c file and make
the change to the appropriate line reads:

temp->hdr_type = (hdr_type & 0x7f) => 2;

How off base am I?

Thanks,

Jay