[Soekris] net4501, Kingston CF, OpenBSD-3.3, flashdist.sh -d

Yiorgos Adamopoulos adamo at dblab.ece.ntua.gr
Tue Aug 26 19:12:33 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:31:11PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> : 2. Almost everyone has problems with these when trying to boot a *BSD
>
> We boot these all the time.  Toshiba flash is god aweful slow, but at
> least it works for us.

Can you tell me how you installed OpenBSD (or any other BSD) and what
version on them?  What size of CF are you using, 64M, 128M, 256M ?

I am asking because using the very same cards to netinstall NetBSD 1.6
and 1.6.1 fails also.  Most of the time it cannot boot /dev/wd0a just
after newfs'ing it, while sometimes it fails after installing the serial
bootblocks.
--
Yiorgos Adamopoulos         -- #include <std/disclaimer.h>
adamo at dblab.ece.ntua.gr     -- Knowledge and Data Base Systems Laboratory, NTUA