[Soekris] Atheros a/b/g combo?

Brian Barrera bdb at bbarrera.com
Wed Aug 6 16:49:32 UTC 2003

I'm having same problem with Netgear wag511 card (Atheros a/b/g). Have tried
the following:

- pass kernel option pci=biosirq at boot
- remove hotplug (20030501-r2) support
- recompile kernel with hotplug support
- disable internal miniPCI orinoco card

And still I get "PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device ."

>From the message this is an IRQ problem. The problem is I cannot figure out
how to force INTA for Cardbus slot to something other than IRQ11 (shared
with miniPCI Orinoco card).

With pre 2.4 kernels it was possible to pass "cb_pci_irq_=10" to force
pcmcia_core to use IRQ 10 for Cardbus. That option is no longer supported.
Spent 3 hours last night researching how to control IRQ and couldn't find
anything. From what I gathered IRQ handling is now part of kernel's PCI
support (no control from pcmcia_core), and that hotplug handles Cardbus
devices instead of pcmcia card services.

Any pointers are appreciated. I started down /etc/pcmcia/config.opts path
but couldn't figure that out (or find a good example).

Kernel 2.4.20
PCMCIA-CS 3.2.4 (not in kernel)
Madwifi 2003-08-02 (latest)

Thanks,