[Soekris] Multi-Channel DC Power Suggestion ?

Chuck Yerkes chuck+soekris at 2003.snew.com
Mon Aug 4 04:08:06 UTC 2003

I don't really know what a DC "Channel" is, and I suspect
there's a reason.

A glance at a Jameco Catalog (got a new on this week) shows a
festival of "desktop" power supplies.  (like 4x6x2 inches) A 4A PS
that puts out 24VDC will give you enough power for 8 Soekrises.
(soekris is norse-ish, not latin).

With screw type terminals, you just make some cables with
the soekris connector on one end and perhaps soldered ends
or those crimp on rings for the power supply screw downs.

One wonders about why you'd want 4 in a single case - it seems
contractory to the boxes intent and best use, but that's just me.

Quoting Jayson Anderson (sonick at sonick.com):