[Soekris] booting from Sandisk 128 mb CF

Jim Gifford jim at giffords.net
Sat Aug 2 20:15:43 UTC 2003

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.  I'm doing the OS building on my laptop,
and the compact flash is accessed via a pcmcia adapter.  So, on the
laptop where lilo gets run, it is /dev/hde.  However, on the soekris,
where the kernel gets loaded, the device is /dev/hda.

It is easy to get mixed up with all the possible combinations.  I really
should have been clearer about where I was doing the building.

jim