[Soekris] gentoo on soekris (atheros)

KF dotslash at snosoft.com
Sat Aug 2 06:12:50 UTC 2003

Oh yeah.. I have Atheros working too... with kismet at least... DWL-G650
and using the vanrtonix driver.

soekris vt_ar5k_cvs # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
vt_ar5k                30912   0  (unused)

vt_ar5k: PCI/CardBus 802.11a WirelessLAN driver for Atheros AR5k chipsets
Reyk Floeter <reyk at vantronix.net>, (C) 2002 by .vantronix | secure
systems and Reyk Floeter
src/wdev.c: Common wireless stack implementation for Linux
Reyk Floeter <reyk at vantronix.net>, (C) 2003 by .vantronix | secure
systems and Reyk Floeter
vt_ar5k: regulation domain 'fcc'
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 02:00.0 to 64
vt_ar5k: card 0: mem_start:0xc4825000, len: 65536, irq:10
vt_ar5k: card 0: AR5001X+ chipset (not fully supported)
cs: warning: no high memory space available!
cs: unable to map card memory!
cs: unable to map card memory!
src/wdev.c: registered new wireless device 'wlan0'!
vt_ar5k (wlan0): starting card in standard mode
vt_ar5k (wlan0): MAC revision 0x0056
vt_ar5k (wlan0): PHY revision 0x0041
vt_ar5k (wlan0): hardware address 00:80:C8:18:CB:81 (from EEPROM)
vt_ar5k (wlan0): card initialized successfully (status 0x00000100)

soekris vt_ar5k_cvs # iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     802.11-OFDM  ESSID:"test"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.32GHz  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

-KF