[Soekris] booting from Sandisk 128 mb CF

Daniel Loomis dloomis at cox-internet.com
Fri Aug 1 21:14:49 UTC 2003

After spending parts of three days working with it, I finally took the
128mb Sandisk back to Office Depot and exchanged it.

Installed everything on the new chip and VOILA! . . . . same thing! No
autoboot!  Only manually typing in boot 80 will get it going.

This is beginning to get under my skin.

The partition information on the new CF looks right:
Disk /dev/hda: 8 heads, 32 sectors, 980 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 256 * 512 bytes

Device    Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1   *         1       979    125296   83  Linux

I re-ran lilo from within Pebble with indications that all went well.

Is it possible that there is a glitch in comBios?  Can I reflash the
bios and see if that helps?

Dan