[Soekris] Radio receivers for time synchronization?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Apr 22 20:43:30 UTC 2003

In message <3EA5A831.1010402 at tenebras.com>, Michael Sierchio writes:
>Virgil Champlin wrote:
>
>> It sounds like WWVB is an option in your location since your "Atomic
>> Time" clock works.  If so, have you looked at http://www.ulio.com?
>> Their model 325 is $169(US) and the ntpd reference clock driver is Type
>> 34 (ULINK).  Good luck.  -virgil
>
>Very nice ( except for top-posting :-b )
>
>I still like the USB camera pointed at the LCD clock approach, myself.

If you want to be _truly_ evil, you put an A/D converter on your box,
attach it to a loop antenna and implement WWVB as a Software Defined
Radio.

I'm sure that with a bit of skill, the 133 MHz CPU will be able to
do this, because my first iteration with a 1.25M sample rate and
some pretty crude filtering worked for DCF77 and MSF on half of an
Athlon700 :-) [http://phk.freebsd.dk/loran-c]