[Soekris] net4501 long ethernet cable problem

Christian van den Bosch cbosch at 4c.ucc.ie
Thu Apr 17 21:43:35 UTC 2003

The fix for the short cable problem can cause a long cable problem.

Try recompiling your kernel without the fix (it's an option for the
natsemi driver).

If you want to use one long and one short cable I think you're screwed
(but not every chip has the short cable problem).

cjb

On 17 Apr 2003, Rahul Kalaskar wrote:

> I am trying to interconnect two net4501 using a cross-over ethernet
> cable. The connection works fine for cables of length 150 feet or less.
> For cable lengths greater than 150 feet, the connectivity is lost. I
> read about similar issue with respect to short cables. Does  it occur in
> case of long cables too?.  I am using Linux kernel 2.4.20. The ethernet
> driver is natsemi

cjb

http://ocean.ucc.ie/~cjvdb1/