[Soekris] power supply question

E S es0123 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:13:58 UTC 2003

hello all,

i ordered a 4521 + US power supply awhile back. after much delay, i finally
got around to start working with it, but then i noticed the power supply
seemed a bit odd:

it's a 3com power supply, with the following markings:

3Com
1.015.1456-00 Rev A
P48240600A020G
Class 2 Power Supply
INPUT: 120V AV 60Hz 0.22A 22W
OUTPUT: 24V DC 600mA 14.4W

this doesn't match the PS on the how-to-buy page, in particular the "9V-12V
DC at 10 VA" spec. on the other hand, since this is what soren/michelle
shipped me, i assume it ought to work. but i'd rather not fry anything in
confirming this intuition =)

can someone confirm that this is the right ps to use with my 4521?

thanks,

eddie