[Soekris] interfaces gone on net4521

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Mon Apr 7 21:14:41 UTC 2003

Tobias Roth <roth at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> The power supply is 12V / 1000mA. Now that you mention it, the first
> time the interfaces went dead was after I shut the unit down to insert
> the pcmcia card. There is also a mini-pci vpn1211 installed, and the
> serial cable is connected, which might draw additional power.
>
> So is my power supply too weak?

     Probably.  Soren's specs for the 4521 is "14W max", which is, I
assume, just for the 4521 (i.e., without the vpn1211).  Your power
supply is rated 12W (assuming a regulated 12V, and yours may not be),
and that (probably) does not take into account any power taken by the
vpn1211 and any PCMCIA cards.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com