[Soekris] interfaces gone on net4521

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Apr 4 15:21:45 UTC 2003

Hi

I have some serious problems with my new net4521. It happened twice
so far. I had a working system, rebooted or powercycled, and then
all network interfaces are gone. They are simply not probed during
boot and ifconfig shows only the loopback device.

This happens with both my custom created FreeBSD 5.0 and an
unaltered monowall. Both systems worked without a problem, and
the suddenly, no more interfaces there.

pciconf -l -v shows only two entries (simplified output):

hostb at pci0:0:0: (class=bridge, subclass=HOST-PCI)
none0 at pci:0:18:0: (class network, subclass = ethernet)

The inserted pcmcia card also does not get probed, and the problem
happens no matter if I plug it in or not.

Any idea were to look for the problem? Or did I just receive a faulty
unit?

greets, t.