[Soekris] Problem with Serialport under FreeBSD Soekris 4521

Remy Gunter remy at blitz.ch
Fri Nov 29 09:41:06 UTC 2002

I am trying to use the serial port to connect to a temperatur logging
device to the 4521 running FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE. My problem is that I am
unable to activate the serial port to provide RTS and DTR signal to
activate the logging device. On other FreeBSD units (PCs) those ports
are up by default. I have played arround with almost all config files in
FreeBSD and tried ConLock in the BIOS, without success. What am I doing
wrong? Any FreeBSD commands to force this, or is this a 4521 issue?

Thanks

-- Rémy Gunter