[Soekris] re: Wish list...

Chuck Yerkes chuck+soekris at 2003.snew.com
Wed Nov 27 02:20:55 UTC 2002

Quoting phk at freebsd.org (phk at freebsd.org):
> Apart from that my personal wishlist looks like this:
>
> 4521:
> 	Add screw in cabinet to act as PCMCIA card retainer like
> 	  done for the flash card.
To retain what?  My wireless cards are different lengths from
each other and from an Ethernet card.

Are your cards *falling*out*!?  I've used rubber bands on computers
that move (attached to an arm with a film camera, etc).  Punt.

> All models:
> 	Lose weird escape sequences in BIOS output.
> 	Add second serial port as DB9.
> 	Add more programmable LEDS.
> 	Add more PIO pins, even if just as solderpads.
Well, the chip only has so many.

Headers, not solderpads.  Longer life.
OTOH, higher costs.  Hmmm, maybe I rescind that.

> 	Solderpad for easier 33.3 MHz clock injection.

Perhaps a place to inject more power to the PCI card?