[Soekris] Second Serial Port as RJ45?

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Tue Nov 26 18:42:50 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:16:36AM -0800, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> Mark Smith wrote:
>
> > Oy...  As great of an idea as I think this is (I really do; I love RJ-45s),
> > the next logical discussion becomes, which "standard" RJ-45 serial connection
> > do we use?
>
> Put dual DIN connectors on the box instead -- achieves the goal of reducing
> real estate, but according to a standard.

I don't even want to think about making DIN to RJ-45 adaptors for my
cyclades terminal servers.  At least I can make RJ-45 cables to do match
what ever is used.  My prefrence would by Cisco/Sun pinout followed by
Cyclades TS-series.  The nice thing about useing Cisco/Sun pinouts is
that most terminal server vendors sell cables for them because if you
can't manage your Cisco gear, a terminal server isn't very useful.

-- Brooks