[Soekris] Console on second Serial Port.

Henry Spencer henry at spsystems.net
Tue Nov 26 16:36:13 UTC 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Bart Smit wrote:
> > ...assuming I can find a good way of getting back to default.
>
> Getting a device's attention by sending it a BREAK just after power up
> seems most natural and intuitive.

I've never liked break as a monitor-signalling convention, because it can
happen for other reasons, e.g. cable switching.  If it was noticed only
during boot, though, that would be less problematic.

An alternative would be to use DTR tied to RI on one of the serial ports
as the "force back to default" flag -- normal use of RI is always pulsed,
never steadily on.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry at spsystems.net