[Soekris] Console on second Serial Port.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Tue Nov 26 07:37:01 UTC 2002

> Maybe it could be combined with a possibility of turning off the console
> complete, assuming I can find a good way of getting back to default.

YES! please. The reaon for this is a bit esoteric. It turns out that newer
revisions of the WaveCOM GMS modem, when connected directly to the serial,
sees enough 'AT' like commands to start chatting with the BIOS - to such
an extend that the BIOS will stop mid way through; as the latter thinks
there is valid input.

Another very welcome approach would be a BIOS mode in which only a special
key stroke (ctrl-P perhaps) or a serial-break would activate the BIOS
listening to input.

Dw