[Soekris] "thewall" project is dead???

Ron Rosson insane at oneinsane.net
Fri Nov 15 15:13:32 UTC 2002

There is also OpenSoekris which can be found at
http://www.opensoekris.com. It is based off of Chris' work. It currently
uses the binaries from your OpenBSD system to build the flash. The
builds on the flash are weighing in at 17.8 megs give or take a 100k.

-Ron

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 18:29, Shane J Pearson wrote:
> Fellas,
>
> A few weeks ago I registered flashbsd.net, being hosted as www.flashbsd.net.
>
> My intention with it is to create some methods of cutting down and installing
> from official OpenBSD sources, but with the intention of supporting generic
> i386 hardware in as small a CF as possible.
>
> I'm trying to juggle this while running my own business so that I can pay my
> rent.  : ) So if anyone wants to combine efforts into this project, I'd
> be happy
> to hear from you.
>
> I would like to make available:
>
> * a boot floppy image that installs from official OpenBSD, but only installs a
> bare bones system useful for a router/firewall/VPN gateway.
> * a script based on the above for diskless installs.
> * a script that merely whittles down basexx.tgz and etcxx.tgz into smaller
> packages.
>
> Any ideas much appreciated.
>

> Shane J Pearson.
>

> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:02:42 -0800 "Jeff Powell" wrote:
>
> > Speaking of dead projects, what about emBSD?  The web site has been down
> > for some time now.  Anyone know what's going on?

Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said
The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *
insane at oneinsane.net                        and all was /dev/null and
*void()