[Soekris] boot linux kernel from PXE

Jun Sun jsun at junsun.net
Sat Nov 2 22:21:46 UTC 2002

I have tried with pxelinux, which is linux loader through PXE-capable
ethernet card.

The first step is to get an IP address and tftp pxelinux image to
the board.  This goes well.  pxelinux is downloaded and starts running.

The second step is pxelinux sending out another tftp requests.  This
failed.  In fact, there is no tftp request coming from the box.

Has anybody else tried this before?

Jun