[Soekris] 4521 reboots

Mike Machado mike at innercite.com
Sun Jun 30 23:10:58 UTC 2002

I have the exact same problem with my Mikrotik 200mW Prism2.5 card, but
only when I 'iwconfig wlan0 txpower <any power>'. If I do not change the
default transmit power of the card, it does not reboot, and it functions
normally, although I am not sure what txpower I am getting. It shows up
as -6 and -7 dbm, but when I change it via iwconfig wlan0 txpower, it
shows up as the right dbm. Sometimes it will be ok for up to a minute or
two, but then it reboots, other times, it reboots as soon as I change
the txpower. I have not had time to debug the problem.