[Soekris] MiniPCI Wireless cards

John Morris john at butchwax.com
Wed Jun 12 19:06:53 UTC 2002

Sent you a couple of questions offline, see 'em?  Here're more.

Wow.  What brand hardware?  I've heard of the 200mW Prisms.  Is it
completely illegal to use these in the US?  How about in Hong Kong?  :)

Very cool, 802.11a miniPCI.  What kind of antenna connectors do those have?
Same U.FL?  Those go up to 6GHz, but I dunno about what the FCC prescribes
for antenna connector restrictions....  Do they all support dual diversity
antennas?

How about the antennas?  Dishes?  Yagis?  Omnis?  Indoor?  Outdoor?  Do you
have antennas for 802.11a?

Has anyone come up with any good (and easily reproducible with readily
available parts!) outdoor weathertight cases for his Soekris?  For mounting
on a tower?  (Nice tip about POE recently!)

Oh, one more question, that same driver and control program that seems to
come with every Prism card, be it a LinkSys, or a D-Link, or a Zoom, or
whatever, is that the same Windows driver you have for these cards?  I think
I'll be looking for a MiniPCI card for my laptop while I'm at it.  Seems I
saw plans once for flat omni antennas that you could tape onto a flat
surface, such as the back of a notebook.  :)

That's enough for now.  Is this message off topic?  The first occurrance in
this email of the word 'Soekris' was just now.  Sorry!

    John