[Soekris] SvV re: no new lists?

Chad Carr ccarr at franzdoodle.com
Thu Jun 6 13:31:36 UTC 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:15:42 +0200
"Bernd Walter" <soekris-tech at cicely.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:45:00AM +0200, Michael Schnell wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm not the admin but just a (new) member of the list.
> >
> > I did receive your message so the list is up and running.
> >
> > But some days ago I sent a business request message to
> > "order at soekris.com" and did not get any answer either.
> >
> > Did anybody get a net4501 yet ? It seems to be a useful board and it
> > would be a shame it soekris would be out of business.
>
> I received one on Monday.
> It took some time until I received a non automatic order affirmation.
> Also direct questions took some time until they were answered.

The Soekris box is very popular.  It seems to be basically a one man show,
so direct questions should take some time.  I have received one and they
are really good boxes.  Also, this list just went through a massive spurt
of troll and flame type traffic, and it may have driven some folks away.
I know I barely hung on.  This list is spurty anyways, no mail for a week
and then a little flurry for a few days on a particularly engaging
subject.  It is the kind of list that you can sometimes forget you are on
but are glad that you are when something good happens!

Chad Carr                                          ccarr at franzdoodle.com