[Soekris] Turning the net4521 into an access point

Lars Eggert larse at ISI.EDU
Wed Jul 31 18:25:43 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to turn our net4521's into access points running FreeBSD, and
have a few questions:

1. What "rubber ducky" antennas can I mount into the holes in the
chassis? Where do I order them from?

2. What are good Prism-based 802.11b PC-cards (the Mini-PCI slot is used
for the crypto accelerator)? I've heard that the Zcomax cards are
decent, are there other/cheaper/better ones?

3. Where do I get pigtails to connect the Zcomax cards (MMCX connectors)
to whatever "rubber ducky" antenna is recommended above?

Thanks,
Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse at isi.edu>           USC Information Sciences Institute