[Soekris] Net 4521

Mark Koskenmaki technical at gotourown.com
Thu Jul 25 14:48:53 UTC 2002

http://www.demarctech.com/

These people have some 100 mw cards, and they currently have some 160 mw
versions.    Eventually, they will be releasing some 200 mw cards, I
believe.

There are some 200 mw cards out there now from Senao, but I understand they
experience some heat issues, which degrades thier performance.

Also, check out these numbers for recieve sensitivity.

http://www.demarctech.com//techsupport/100mw-rx-test.htm

combined with

http://www.station-server.com   software, which has a protocol you can use
to go long distances,

These cards, with a soekris board, good antennas could make a very good P2P
link inexpensively.     With the routing in StarOS (station-server.com )
you could even use TWO sets of cards and antennas to make more throughput -
or go full duplex - routing out one link and in the other.

Mind you, I haven't done it... YET.

Mark Koskenmaki
webmaster: www.nwbombers.com
contact me offlist at mark at gotourown.com
10 of every 8 people are mathematically challenged
"Beware anyone who can fake sincerity."