[Soekris] Soekris Net2521 Noise: Follow-Up

Rick Compton r_c_compton at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 19:24:35 UTC 2002

Thank you for all of your replies.

The higher noise in Slot 0 is also present when only one card is inserted.

When I added a pig-tail with external antenna to the Orinoco cards the noise
level plunged to around -98dBm.

My conclusion: Slot one is picking up noise from the Soekris board and that
this noise can be eliminated through the use of an external antenna.