[Soekris] 4501 / 1.07: CPUID weirdness...

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 17 11:33:21 UTC 2002

On a 4501 with comBios 1.07 I get a CPUID of 0x494 the first
time it boots after power-on:

	AMD Enhanced Am486DX4/Am5x86 Write-Back (486-class CPU)
	  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x494  Stepping = 4
	  Features=0x1<FPU>

But 0x4f4 for subsequent boots:

	AMD Am5x86 Write-Back (486-class CPU)
	  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x4f4  Stepping = 4
	  Features=0x1<FPU>

Is this a bug in the comBIOS' init code for the Elan SC520  ?

Is it fixed ?

How does one tell what changed between the different comBIOS versions ?

The announce-archive is not accessible from the web-page...

Poul-Henning

PS: FreeBSD users, please send me email, if there is sufficient interest
we can make a soekris at freebsd.org alias.