[Soekris] 4521 reboots

Eduardo Martin eduardo at alojamail.com
Mon Jul 1 08:03:17 UTC 2002

Quoting Mike Machado <mike at innercite.com>:

> I have the exact same problem with my Mikrotik 200mW Prism2.5 card, but
> only when I 'iwconfig wlan0 txpower <any power>'. If I do not change the
> default transmit power of the card, it does not reboot, and it functions
> normally, although I am not sure what txpower I am getting. It shows up
> as -6 and -7 dbm, but when I change it via iwconfig wlan0 txpower, it
> shows up as the right dbm. Sometimes it will be ok for up to a minute or
> two, but then it reboots, other times, it reboots as soon as I change
> the txpower. I have not had time to debug the problem.

It's the same problem cause I change txpower each time the card is inserted or
the system is rebooted (I'm using that option in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.conf).

My card is the same as yours (Mikrotik 200mW) but it also happens with a Demarc
100mW (both cards are Senao cards). I don't have a 30mW one just to test if
it's a problem with the hostap driver while changing txpower or it's a problem
with the high power itself (>30mW).

I'll try to debug it and I'll let you know what I discover.

Thanks a lot!!

Eduardo