[Soekris] PCI slot info

Matt Peterson matt at peterson.org
Thu Feb 28 18:31:00 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 06:20:01PM -0800, Soren Kristensen wrote:

> What's the purpose ? Maybe I get help you with easier solutions.... If
> it's for wireless, you might want to look at Mini-PCI boards, or the new
> D-link DWL-520 PCI board that is 3.3V only and reported to work just
> fine....

The DWL-520 works fine in FreeBSD-CURRENT, STABLE in another week or so.
Note, this is only Prism 2.5 PCI card which is both 3.3/5v, the Linksys
WMP11 is 5v only (and more expensive @ Fry's, $110 vs $99 for the
D-Link).  Pretty pictures @
<http://www.bawug.org/images/equipment/d-link/dwl_520/> and
<http://www.bawug.org/images/equipment/linksys/wmp11/>.  YDI sells the
Lucent MiniPCI too (have fun finding a source for U.FL pigtail, ick).

> > Is the Net4521 any closer to getting done (so I can avoid this hack :) )

What hack?
<http://www.bawug.org/images/equipment/matt_hacks/3u_soekris_box/P1123431-r.jpg>
;)

> Production quantites of the net4521 will hopefully be available

Ya!

--
Matt Peterson                  Bay Area Wireless Users Group
matt at bawug dot org                  http://www.bawug.org/