[Soekris] OpenBSD install and net4501

S. Aeschbacher s.aeschbacher at bturtle.ch
Mon Feb 18 17:42:54 UTC 2002

Hi
At the moment there seems to be no working solution for PXE-booting
the actual Kernl. IIRC 2.7 was the last kernel which could be booted
with tha available bootloaders.
The simplest way for installing is a CF-IDE adapter. Instert the CF,
boot, and then fdisk an disklabel as you do it with any other disk.
Then you need to install the boot loaders (installboot(8)). After
this you just need to install kernel an binaries and there you go.
PCMCIA- and USB-CF-Adapters should work but you have to set the
geometry yourself when disklabelling (The bios does not recognize
the geometry of CF's in these to adapter-types).

Stefan Aeschbacher