[Soekris] Slight bug in built in DHCP client?

George V. Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Fri Apr 26 17:52:00 UTC 2002

Hi,

	I've noticed a small bug in the DHCP client on the Soekris 4501.  The
parameter
list sent in the DHCPDISCOVER message does not match the one subsequently
send in the DHCPREQUEST. This is technically invalid according to RFC2131.  It
does not cause a problem when interacting with the ISC DHCP server but I
figured
it should be noted.  The added parameter is the Root Path (RP) which is not
in the DISCOVER, but obviously needs to be there to boot correctly.

Later,
George

George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn at neville-neil.com
Neville-Neil Consulting                                	www.neville-neil.com

"I learn only to be contented."  inscription at Ryoan-ji in Kyoto, Japan