[Soekris] changelog for 4501 bios?

Soren Kristensen soren at soekris.com
Tue Apr 16 21:34:11 UTC 2002

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Lee wrote:

> Is there a list of the changes (changelog) from older to the most recent
> version of the comBios?

Not really, it has mostly been work in progress.... I'm working on
keeping more track of changes.

> Particularly what additional stuff has been added between 1.02 and the
> 1.04 version on the Soekris website?

The 1.04 has some added functionality related to booting, and when I get
some time I will document it fully, but here is the short version:

The BIOS now has a "builtin" Master Boot Record functionality, you can
use it with a couple of new commands in the monitor:

set BootPartition=X, set default boot partitition and enable booting
using the BIOS MBR. Will check for valid partition, but do not check for
active flag. X can be "disable" or 1-4.

Boot [drive][:partition], boot specific partition on a drive, using the
BIOS MBR. Will override the default.

Regards,

Soren