[Soekris] Error LED Control from Linux userland?

John Laur johnl at blurbco.com
Sun Apr 14 20:33:15 UTC 2002

Greetings,

I have tried Eric Anderson's program (led.c) posted to this list in Feb.
to attempt to control my error LED from userland linux. It did not work,
and I assumed that I have a newer bios without the MMCR register aliases
in this location. I tried to change the base to 0xFFFEF000 in the led.c
application, but I'm fairly sure that this address can't be accessed
directly in /dev/mem like this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this? I'm planning on writing
a little /proc driver in kernelspace if I can't figure out a direct
userland approach. Has the alias address simply moved or can it be
looked up somewhere?

Thanks,
John Laur